The health and safety of our members is of utmost importance to us. We are taking every effort to keep our members safe, including:
Jump to topic
Current Safety Measures
- Enhanced cleaning protocols – core equipment cleaning performed by staff will be completed with hospital grade disinfectant three times daily – after peak hours and at closing.
- Members will be reminded to continue the standard UFC cleaning protocol of wiping down equipment before and after use. Disinfectant wipes are provided in all activity areas. Staff will monitor customer compliance and reeducate as needed.
- Staff will also regularly clean high-touch point areas with sanitizing spray, i.e., front desk area, door handles, automatic openers and bottle filling stations.
- Members will find increased hand sanitizer access.
- Members will be encouraged to wipe down lockers before and after use with provided sanitizing spray.
- Water fountains are labeled not for use.
- Ceiling fans will remain off.
- Masks/face coverings are required and must be worn in all areas of the facility.
- Members will be responsible for screening for temperature and symptoms prior to arrival at the UFC. Campus personnel should continue to use the campus screening sites. All other members, please self-screen prior to arrival at the UFC. When checking-in at the front desk, all members will need to verify they have completed these screening measures and are symptom-free.
- Following CDC guidelines, members must have none of the following new symptoms within the last 7 days:
- Fever or shaking with chills. Temperature must be less than 100.4°F (38.0°C).
- Cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sort throat
- Loss of taste of smell
- Diarrhea (3 or more loose or liquid stools/day)
- No personal contact with someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- Check-in will be a “no touch” process where members will swipe their campus ID badge or UFC-issued ID card to enter.
- Campus ID cards are required at check-in for all employees and students; UFC-issued ID cards are required for all other members.
- Facility access is provided once a member completes a card swipe at the designated check-in station and has his or her access validated by the front desk staff.