Specialty classes at the University Fitness Center take a holistic approach to physical activity. In many classes, participants can expect progressive learning and skill building over a multi-week session. Specialty classes are open to all who are eligible for Fitness Center membership, however current membership is not required so non-members are welcome.
Our “try before you buy” option gives you the opportunity to experience a live class to see if the program is right for you without obligation or pressure to enroll. Pricing for specialty classes is either paid in advance (payment has been received by the close of business the day prior to the start of the first class) or paid the day of (payment is received the day the class starts, provided there is space permitting). Some classes may offer pay-as-you-go pricing.
For more information please refer to our specialty class policy.
Jump to topic
Specialty Classes Offered
Brain Health Through Fitness is offered online via Zoom only.
The brain is the most important organ in the body. Now you have the chance to learn more about it and how to get the most from it. The goal of “Brain Health Through Fitness” is to educate participants about the aging brain and how exercise can have a positive effect. As part of this class, you will learn exercises that can help increase your strength, improve your balance, improve agility, reaction time, and flexibility. By participating in the class, you will have fun learning more about the brain while burning calories at the same time.
Participation Requirements: Participants will need a laptop, smartphone or tablet with reliable internet connection. A quiet space within the home is recommended.
A Zoom information session takes place on September 17, at 10 a.m. for anyone who has questions about the class. Zoom access information will be provided after registration and payment has been confirmed.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT DETAILS
- Dates: Tuesdays and Thursdays: Sept. 29-Nov. 19, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Fee: $80
- Instructor: Rob Mikesell
- Participants will receive the Zoom log-in details via email after payment is processed
To reserve your spot now, please click the “Pay online” button and you will be directed to our online payment form. If the name of the person registering is different than the name on the credit card, please include the name of the registrant in “Shipping Information.”
Online payment is no longer available for this class. Please contact the front desk about registering for this class.
If you’d like to pay in person, click the “Register and pay later” button. Please note that your spot is not guaranteed until we have received payment.Register and pay later
- Specialty classes take a holistic approach to physical activity at the University Fitness Center. You can expect a progressive learning and skill-building experience over a multi-week session.
- Enrollment for a multi-week program is established no later than the second class of the session. No new participants are accepted into a program after the second class.
- If space allows, new participants may take the first class without paying (“Try Before You Buy”); however a class may fill its capacity at the first class. There is no guarantee that space will remain past the first class.
- Pricing for specialty classes is either paid in advance (payment has been received by the close of business the day before the start of the first class) or paid the day of the start of the first class session (payment is received the day the class starts, provided there is space permitting).
- Some participants may be eligible for pay-as-you-go pricing. Please inquire for additional information.
- We are unable to issue any refunds, regardless of circumstances, unless the program or session is cancelled.
- Program and class information is communicated exclusively through email and the University Fitness Center’s Facebook page.